Instructions to Download a Kindle Start Page.
- Go to http://www.bookmonk.com/home in the Kindle Browser.
- Clicking on a Start Page link should give you the option to save the text file.
- The file will get saved in your documents folder under the name of the Start Page.
- For a home page that you create, the name will be one you gave it.
- The new file will be on your kindle home page.
- Note that it will not have an author.
- Open it as you would any book - the links should work.
For a version without Headings (faster to reach links) - Simple Kindle Start Page.
- Go to http://www.bookmonk.com/home/ in your Browser.
- Right click on the Link of the Start Page you want.
- Choose 'Save Target As'.
- You will get a Folders Dialog Box that will let you save it anywhere on your computer.
- You must choose it as a .txt file. Do this by choosing 'All Files' and typing in quotes - whatever name you want it to have followed by .txt. For example "links.txt".
- Choose to save it in the Folder where you usually download books for the Kindle. OR Save it directly to the documents folder of the Kindle (if your Kindle is already connected).
- Connect your Kindle 2 via USB to your PC and then transfer the page you just saved to your Kindle's Documents Folder.
- The file will show up on your kindle home page - there will be no Author Name. Just open it up - clicking any link will take you to that page (Kindle Browser will open up).
- You can always see what a home page is like by clicking on it in your browser instead of right-clicking.
Back to Kindle Start Page Tool.